[R] Power analysis for MANOVA?

Adam D. I. Kramer adik at ilovebacon.org
Mon Jan 26 22:12:01 CET 2009

Hello,

 	I have searched and failed for a program or script or method to
conduct a power analysis for a MANOVA. My interest is a fairly simple case
of 5 dependent variables and a single two-level categorical predictor
(though the categories aren't balanced).

 	If anybody happens to know of a script that will do this in R, I'd
love to know of it! Otherwise, I'll see about writing one myself.

 	What I currently see is this, from help.search("power"):

stats::power.anova.test
                         Power calculations for balanced one-way
                         analysis of variance tests
stats::power.prop.test
                         Power calculations two sample test for
                         proportions
stats::power.t.test     Power calculations for one and two sample t
                         tests

 	Any references on power in MANOVA would also be helpful, though of
course I will do my own lit search for them myself.

Cordially,
Adam D. I. Kramer