[R] .Renviron for multiple hardwares...

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jan 25 20:22:45 CET 2009

Our lab has a lot of different unix boxes, with different hardware, and
I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that by setting a per-user package
installation directory, the packages will only work on one type of
hardware.  Our systems are all set up to share the same home directory
(and, thus, the same .Renviron file) -- so, is there a way to set, in
the .Renviron file, per-computer or per-hardware settings?  The idea is
to have a different package installation directory for each computer
(e.g. "~/R/computer1/packages" and "~/R/computer2/packages".

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Thanks!

--j

--

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD