[R] R for Computational Neuroscience?

Mike Lawrence mike at thatmike.com
Sun Jan 25 14:23:43 CET 2009

Thanks to Ken and Bernardo for their attempts to answer my question,
but I was apparently unclear as to what I meant by "computational
neuroscience".

The tools Ken and Bernardo suggest provide means to analyze data from
neuroscience research, but I'm actually looking for means to simulate
biologically realistic neural systems.

Maybe it would help if I provided some keywords, so here is a list of
chapters/sections from MATLAB section of the book "How the brain
computes: Network fundamentals of computational neuroscience" by
Thomas Trappenberg:

12 A MATLAB guide to computational neuroscience
12.1 Introduction to the MATLAB programming environ-
ment
12.2 Spiking neurons and numerical integration in MAT-
LAB
12.2.1 Integrating Hodgkin-Huxley equations with the
Euler method
12.2.2 The Wilson model and advanced integration
12.2.3 MATLAB function files
12.2.4 Leaky integrate-and-fire neuron
12.2.5 Poisson spike trains
12.2.6 Netlet formulas by Anninos et al.
12.3 Associators and Hebbian Learning
12.3.1 Hebbian Weight matrix in rate models
12.3.2 Hebbian learning with weight decay
12.4 Recurrent networks and networks dynamics
12.4.1 Example of a complete network simulation
12.4.2 Quasi-continuous attractor network
12.4.3 Networks with random asymmetric weight ma-
trix
12.4.4 The Lorenz attractor
12.5 Continuous attractor neural networks
12.5.1 Path-integration
12.6 Error-backpropagation network

--
Mike Lawrence
Graduate Student

Looking to arrange a meeting? Check my public calendar:
http://www.thatmike.com/mikes-public-calendar

~ Certainty is folly... I think. ~