[R] forward slash vs double backslash R and Tinn-R

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:13:17 CET 2009

The only apparent reason for the failure is that the elegant line
using Sys.getenv denerates filenames with double backslashes instead
of forward slashes. I am working in Windows XP and I thought that R
could use double backslashes or a single forward slash.

So what am I not understanding about the whole slash thing?

Farrel Buchinsky