[R] can't load rJava in R 2.8.1 on Windows XP

drflxms drflxms at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:38:48 CET 2009

Dear community,

unfortunately I did not manage load the rJava package receiving the following
error-message:

> library("rJava")
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
kann shared library 'C:/Programme/R/2.8.1/library/rJava/libs/rJava.dll' nicht
laden:
LoadLibrary failure:  Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

Error : .onLoad in 'loadNamespace' für 'rJava' fehlgeschlagen
Fehler: Laden von Paket/Namensraum für 'rJava' fehlgeschlagen

Translation:
can't load library ... rJava.dll
LoadLibrary failure: the module was not found

Reinstalling the package did not help, installing the latest developement
version didn't help as well.

The shared library rJava.dll is in place (exactly where R is looking for it)!

Are there any ideas, what's wrong.
I'd appreciate any kind of help very much, as I need rJava urgently to use RWeka and iPlots.

Best regards,
Felix