[R] comparing rfsim (spatial module of splus) and krige (gstat)

Trieu Minh vuvandat1982 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 06:31:34 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between work done by rfsim() and krige()?

I am simulating a random field using a spherical model got by a variogram analysis?

rfsim() is a function of S+SpatialStat module with Splus.With this, We cannot get over if grid lager 120x120. I was said that my PC's Ram, 4Gb, is not enough to do that.

But with krige(), at least we can simulate on 1000x1000 grid.

I consulted the manuals but there is nothing to help me to understand what is the difference.

I have just begun spatial analysis.

Vu Dat, Kyushu U., Japan.