[R] Standard errors of least squares adjusted means

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 09:10:23 CET 2009

Hi Bruno,

Apropos of "ls-means" ...

>> I have tried help.search and RSiteSearch with several terms including
>> "standard errors", "least square means", "adjusted means".

And "ls-means," which is what "you" call them?

There are many threads on this, spanning many years. The following,

RSiteSearch("ls-means")

will get you to some, e.g.:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/103520.html

Read through to the bottom.

There are much better ways of examining/summarizing, your model. See, for
instance, the effects package of Prof. Fox and functions in the Design
package of Prof. Harrell.

HTH, Mark.