[R] Combining Custom and Preset Linetypes

jimdare jamesdare26 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:54:28 CET 2009

Dear R-Users,

I created the xyplot below using 10 groups (9 groups + 'Total' of all
groups) with lty=1:10.  I need the 'Total' to be a bold solid line (lty=1)
where as the 9 groups just need to be distinguishable from each other.  As
you can probably see, when the group reaches CRA6 the lty starts from 1
again.  I have tried to specify ten unique lines using lty=
c("10","92","11","12","62","9212","33","19","12529252","7111") however R
won't let me use "10" (i.e. solid line) because it contains a zero.  I could
possibly add the total line in later (using something similar to lines or
matlines) and then define the lty as lty=1, but then I have the problem of
trying to get the new line into the legend.  Does anyone have any ideas
about how to combine custom and preset line types?

Regards,
James

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21593768/CRA.gif