[R] Poisson GLM

bbbnc benwong7 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:14:34 CET 2009

This is a basics beginner question.

I attempted fitting a a Poisson GLM to data that is non-integer ( I believe
Poisson is suitable in this case, because it is modelling counts of
infections, but the data collected are all non-negative numbers with 2
decimal places).

My question is, since R doesn't return an error with this glm fitting, is it
important that the data is non-integer. How does R handle the data? if there
is a problem, how do i circumvent this.. data modification?

many thanks