[R] Stacked barplot with two stacked bars besides each other

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 12:03:49 CET 2009

Thanks.
That is definitely in the right direction, but firstly I would like
yoda1:var1 next to yoda1:var2, not as currently yoda1:var1, yoda2:var1,
yoda1:var2, yoda2:var2.  Additionally, I would like the gap between
samples to be greater than the gap between variables.

Many thanks

Dan

Henrique Dallazuanna wrote:
> Try this:
>
> barplot(cbind(as.matrix(var1), as.matrix(var2)), names.arg = LETTERS[1:4])
>
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Daniel Brewer <daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
> <mailto:daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I have a particular barplot I would like to generate, but I am having
>     trouble getting it to work.  What I would like is in effect two barplots
>      with stacked bars merged into one.  For example,  I have two samples
>     (yoda1,yoda2) on which I measure whether two variables (var1,var2) are
>     present or absent for a number of measurements on that sample.
>
>     > var1 <- data.frame(yoda1=c(3,7), yoda2=c(1,9))
>     > var2 <- data.frame(yoda1=c(8,2), yoda2=c(5,5))
>
>     For each variable I can plot a barplot
>
>     > barplot(as.matrix(var1))
>     > barplot(as.matrix(var2))
>
>     I would like to join these together, so that for each sample there are
>     two stacked bars next to each other, one for var1 and the other for
>     var2.  I was thinking something like:
>
>     > barplot(list(as.matrix(var1),as.matrix(var2)))
>
>     would work, but it didn't.
>
>     Any suggestions you could make would be great.
>
>     Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}