[R] Question about contributed packages

Murray Cooper myrmail at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 03:14:18 CET 2009

I am working on a methodology for qualifying R, for GLP and GCP.

If I quailfy only the base R install, with no contributed packages, it
seems relatively simple to qualify R. However, from time to time I
will want to use a contributed package. If I use a contributed package,
does it leave anything behind that will be loaded with the next invocation
of R?

Suppose I run R and use a contributed package and then exit.
Next time I want to run R, for GLP work and will only use base R.
Can I be sure I am only working with base R?
Or do I need to maintain two installations of R, one for use
with GLP/GCP and one for when I want to use contributed packages?

I hope this is clear.

Thanks,

Murray M Cooper, Ph.D.
Richland Statistics