[R] Where to find the source codes for the internal function in stats package

Murray Cooper myrmail at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 17 23:40:32 CET 2009

Dear Dr Murdoch,

I understand in principle your explanation, but specifically where in the
source distribution are these functions found? For instance, I would like
to look at the code for model.matrix. Ex:
    ans <- .Internal(model.matrix(t, data))

I have looked at the source distribution but been unable to locate the
file which contains model.matrix.

Thanks for your help.

Murray Cooper