[R] Missing file to run Rcmd batch on Windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:00:11 CET 2009

Regarding Perl, the batchfiles distribution batch files do not use Perl but
R's own Rcmd.exe does.  Based on comments recently I understand that Perl will
be eliminated from the R batch scripts soon but in the meantime if you install
Rtools (which is a set of tools that includes perl and is simple to install via
its GUI installer similar to R's) from

http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

then Rcmd.bat will automatically detect it so you don't have to set
a path to Perl.