[R] Can't find files after install package (Windows)

bcbob43 bcbob43 at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 21:28:26 CET 2009

--I was not registered when I first sent this. I registered and it looks
like I have to resend so sorry if this gets sent twice ...

I am a total newbie at R but experienced with computers. If this is not the
right forum for this question, please let me know one that is. I searched in
the R manuals in the Help section, the Nabble help and Rseek but no luck.

I am trying to install the package gcl on my recently installed R 2.8.1

I searched on cran for the windows version and found a zip file for the
package

In RGui, I ran Packages|Install Package(s) from local zip files
This ran without any error messages

When I look in the 'library' directory of my R installation I see a
subdirectory named 'gcl' with subdirectories
'demo','man','R'

I try to run gcldemo.r in the Demo directory and get the following messages:

> source("C:\\R-2.8.1\\library\\gcl\\demo\\gcldemo.r")
Data table:
      V1    V2    V3    V4 V5
1  0.628 0.525 0.634 0.714  1
2  0.317 0.746 0.994 0.661  0
3  0.275 0.669 0.709 0.208  1
4  0.458 0.179 0.198 0.996  1
5  0.926 0.162 0.857 0.309  0
6  0.456 0.082 0.109 0.306  0
7  0.894 0.951 0.896 0.076  1
8  0.415 0.731 0.626 0.463  0
9  0.694 0.656 0.335 0.187  1
10 0.193 0.478 0.615 0.590  0
computing fuzzy rule classifier function cf...
Error in eval.with.vis(expr, envir, enclos) :
  could not find function "gcl"

I have exited RGui and restarted it but still get same error

Any help appreciated.

Bob

p.s. I was not registered when I first sent this. I registered and it looks
like I have to resend so sorry of this gets sent twice