[R] Non-R but interesting statistics-related NATURE article: FYI only

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Jan 14 20:37:07 CET 2009

Folks:

NON-R RELATED NATURE article on fundamental statistical inference (and, I
think, more fundamentally, philosophy of science: what constitutes
scientific "validity" ?) issues that I thought might be of general interest
to this list.

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090113/full/457245a.html

For a hint on content, the last line is:

"We can never be reminded often enough of the importance of good statistical
practice."

**I DO NOT WISH TO INCITE FLAME WARS.** Please do not comment or reply to
me. I have no position or opinion (as I know nothing more than I read here).
It's just FYI and amusement.

IF THIS IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR THIS LIST please let me know, and I will
refrain from any such posts in the future (though I think this is the only
one like it I've ever done. I value this list too highly to be a polluter.

Cheers,
Bert Gunter