[R] problems with download.file() from ftp?

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:22:23 CET 2009

Hi Zack,

   You might explore some of the options of libcurl
via the RCurl package for R. Depending on the server,
you may want to send either EPSV or PASV commands at
some point in the dialog.

libcurl, and the functions in RCurl, give you a great
deal of control in cutomizing and controlling the
requests to the FTP/HTTP/... server, while the
functions in base R are less flexible.

  D.