[R] Default browser was Re: interpolation to abscissa

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 19:24:28 CET 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 11:22 AM, e-letter wrote:

> Readers,
>
> I have looked at various documents hosted on the web site; I couldn't
> find anything on interpolation. So I started r and accessed the help
> (help.start()). (by the way is it possible to configure r to open help
> in opera instead of firefox?)

Look at options()$browser and reconfigure if necessary.

 > options()$browser
[1] "/usr/bin/open"

or...
 > options("browser")
$browser
[1] "/usr/bin/open

Which means that the default is set by my system configuration. I had
earlier
followed some advice offered me in a warning and changed the default
pdf viewer
configuration, which should be an easy-to-rejigger example:

--
David Winsemius