[R] Error in svd(S) : infinite or missing values in 'x'

jcarlos169 jcarlos169 at uol.com.br
Wed Jan 14 13:59:59 CET 2009

The problem is the 5th row, there are no entries.

Joao Gama
Biomedical Engineering Program
COPPE/Federal University of Rio de Janeiro

===============

Message: 23
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:50:01 +0100
From: " Andr? Dias " <atcdias at gmail.com>
Subject: [R] Error in svd(S) : infinite or missing values in 'x'
To: r-help at r-project.org

Hi everyone.

I was running correspondence analysis in R with the package 'ca' and I
got a error message that I could not solve.

> summary(ca(gui))
Error in svd(S) : infinite or missing values in 'x'

#where gui is my dat table as follows:

0 90 1 1
0 90 0 0
0 90 5 1
0 95 1 0
0 0 0 0
85 0 0 0
50 0 0 0
90 0 0 0
75 0 0 0
75 0 0 0
0 0 10 25
0 0 5 5
0 0 50 10
0 0 10 20
0 0 1 10
0 0 50 1
0 0 10 5
0 0 20 0
0 0 10 50
0 0 5 5

As far I could undestand, this error should appear due to missing
data, but this is not the case of my table.

I will apreciate any help to undertand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
Andre