[R] Comparing elements for equality

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Tue Jan 13 20:57:16 CET 2009

Hi Harold: Below works on your data set but check it a lot because I am
a little worried that
I could have missed something. Hopefully someone can send a a little
clearer way.

dat <- data.frame(id = c(1,1,2,2,2), var1 = c(10,10,20,20,25), var2 =
c('foo', 'foo', 'foo', 'foobar', 'foo'))
print(dat)

temp <- lapply(split(dat,dat$id), function(.df) {
   data.frame(id=.df$id[1],freq=nrow(.df),var1=all(.df$var1 %in%
.df$var1[1]),var2=all(.df$var2 %in% .df$var2[1]))
})

result <- do.call(rbind,temp)
print(result)