[R] R2WinBUGS stopping execution

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 13 21:57:16 CET 2009

Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
>  <Richard.Cotton <at> hsl.gov.uk> writes:
>> I'm running OpenBUGS model via the R2WinBUGS package interface, under
>> Windows.  Is it possible to terminate running models, short of using the
>> Windows Task Manager to forcibly exit the program?
>
> If you use OpenBUGS, then I guess you can not since R2WinBUGS just passes a call
> to BRugs and there is no way to stop that process or maybe it is - take a look
> in the list of processes. If you use WinBUGS, then you can safely "kill" it and
> R will not terminate.

As explained in a private mail already, there is no way:
OpenBUGS's BRugs.dll is loaded dynamically by BRugs and hence there is
no separate process. OpenBUGS also does not look out for interrupts /
exceptions and just samples along. Please send any requests to the
OpenBUGS developers.

Best,
Uwe Ligges