[R] Reference-pages: each function beginning on seperate page?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Jan 11 16:59:39 CET 2009

On 11/01/2009 10:06 AM, Oliver wrote:
> Hello,
>

> is the reference manual also available with each explained
> function beginning on a seperate page?
>
> Or can this somehow be done easily?
>
> I prefer reading documentation on paper, but printing makes more
> sense, when each function can be printed seperated
> (like in man-pages).
>
> Any idea, how to achieve this?

It doesn't offer that, but it sounds like it would be an easy
modification, if you know where to do it.  The reference manual is built
by commands listed in the RHOME/doc/manual/Makefile.win file on Windows,
and the Makefile on other platforms.  The sort of change you want could
likely be made to the RHOME/tools/pkg2tex.pl Perl script, but do note
that the documentation production tools are being overhauled for R 2.9.0
(due in March or April), and I expect this will be an easier change
after that's done than before.

Duncan Murdoch