[R] Creating file names.

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Fri Jan 9 01:44:12 CET 2009

Gregg

You could either manipulate the character returned by today(), or try
using Sys.time() instead.  For example, on Windows,

paste(strsplit(date(), ' ')[[1]][c(2,3,5,4)], collapse='_')

gives

Jan_09_2009_13:40:57

which approaches what you want.  Alternatively

format(Sys.time(), "%b_%d_%y_%H%M")

gives

Jan_09_09_1342

which only needs LMSMOD pasted to the front which sep='_'.

HTH ...

Peter Alspach