[R] xtable-longtable question

Duncan Mackay mackay at northnet.com.au
Wed Jan 7 22:15:59 CET 2009

I use Sweave and longtable but have not used them together.

It can be done but you may find the package booktabs helpful for headers
and footers for longtable and tables
as it allows you to put different first and last page headers to the rest.
Something like (untested)
PS You do not need to put \set longtables or something like that if you
have the latest longtable package as it is no longer required

% all table headers
\toprule
\addlinespace[3pt]
\multicolumn{1}{c}{colname 1} & ...\\
\midrule
\addlinespace[3pt]
\endhead

% if want different first 1
\toprule
\addlinespace[3pt]
\multicolumn{1}{c}{colname 1} & ...\\
\midrule
\addlinespace[3pt]
\endfirsthead

% last footer
\bottomrule
\endlastfoot

% other footers
\addlinespace[5pt]
\multicolumn{3}{r}{Continued next page}\\
\midrule
\endfoot

Regards

Duncan Mackay