[R] Manipulating plots

Benjamin Modra ben.modra at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 7 07:42:36 CET 2009

Hi all,

Is it possible to manipulate the properties of an active graph?
I'm trying to manipulate the plots generated by extRemes into something suitable for a report, but the only change I can make successfully is add lines ( abline(v=2) ).  For example, I'd like to be able to use standard instead of scientific notation, and remove the data points leaving the mean and CI lines. I've tried to manipulate it with rggobi but can't work out how to get a handle on the active graph.  I've tried to plot using the data structure in extRemes but there are some elements that are not suitable for export:

from extRemes.log:
dd <- get( "FDNzeros")
z <- dd[["models"]][[ 1]]
rlplot( z=z, ci=0.05, add.ci=TRUE)

> write.table(z)
Error in as.data.frame.default(x[[i]], optional = TRUE, stringsAsFactors = stringsAsFactors) :
  cannot coerce class "gpd.fit" into a data.frame

Any suggestions??

Thanks, Ben

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox