[R] Generating GUI for r-scripts

Michael Bibo michael_bibo at health.qld.gov.au
Wed Jan 7 03:25:12 CET 2009

Daren Tan <daren76 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I have developed some scripts that basically ask for input tab-limited
format files, do some processing,
> and output several pictures or csv. Now I need to have some gui to wrap on
top of the scripts, so that
> end-users can select their input files, adjust some parameters for
processing, and select output folder
> or filenames.
>
> Please advice me if there is any tools or project suitable for my tasks.

Daren,

I'm no expert by any means, but you might take a look at the packages fgui and
gWidgets, as well as R Gui Generator (http://rgg.r-forge.r-project.org/).

There is also a specific mailing list for gui discussions:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.gui.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bibo