[R] prblem with NA

kayj kjaja27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 00:21:26 CET 2009

Hi all

I have a data set with the total number of columns =ncol, and the total
number of rows=nrow. I am trying to loop over the values and id the value is
less than or equal to 100 to be changed to 1. if the value is greater than
100 , to be changed to 0. if NA , let X[i,j]=NA. I ran into a problem where
if one row in my data set had all values =NA, then the program does not
continue working past that row!

At some point I get the following error message:

“Error in if (data [i, j] <= 100) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed”

Here is the program

data<-read.table("fileName.txt", header=F, sep='\t')

X=data
for(i in ncol)
{
for(j in nrow)