[R] RODBC connection die - using more than 1 Rgui/Rcmdr

jaey.ahn jaey.ahn at samsung.com
Tue Jan 6 00:42:11 CET 2009

Hi, I encounter a problem when using more than 1 Rgui/Rcmdr with RODBC
connection.
As I use more than 1 RODBC connection with multiple Rgui/Rcmdr windows, my
network connection (including internet) is shutting down. Thus the only
solution to fix (so far) is to reboot the computer.

I suppose RODBC is not compatible with more than 1 Rgui/Rcmdr, yet is there
a way to avoid this problem? or at least, is there anyone who faces the same
problem?

The following is the error message when trying to reconnect through RODBC.

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01041 internal error. hostdef ...