[R] Non-Latin labels in identify

Aleksandr Andreev aleksandr.andreev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 20:01:20 CET 2009

Greetings.

I'm trying to label some points using the identify() command. The
labels and the coordinates are coming from a csv file. The file
encoding is UTF-8.
If I use labels in Latin characters, everything comes out OK.  But
when I switch to using labels in Cyrillic, I get garbage.

To check that my file is not corrupt, I've attempted to create the
labels using the text() command and just typing text in Russian into
the R prompt (my locale is set to UTF-8).  Once again, I get garbage.

My R version is 2.6.2 running on 64-bit Ubuntu Hardy.

Cordially,

Aleks Andreev

--
Aleksandr Andreev