[R] Importing zoo object ("index contains NAs")

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Feb 26 09:59:22 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Rob Denniker wrote:

> Dear list,

> I have an irregular time series saved and exported as a zoo object. What
> is the trick to force zoo to ignore the missing dates when reading it
> back in? Thanks.

Almost certainly there are no NAs in your index (although we can't say for
sure as Gabor pointed out).

> > write.zoo(g, file = "gdata.txt", index.name = "date", append = F,
> quote = T, sep = ",")

> > h <- read.zoo("gdata.txt", sep = ",", format = "Y-%m-%d")
                                                    ^^^
First problem: This should be %Y.
Second problem: You need header = TRUE.

Thus, I would guess that
   h <- read.zoo("gdata.txt", sep = ",", format = "%Y-%m-%d",
     header = TRUE)
should do what you want.