[R] Anova Help?

Dar DarrenGM at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 19:22:29 CET 2009

I’m just setting up the experiment and need help explaining what the
data analysis would be.  Let me know of any questions….. what would be
compared and how it would be measured.  Is it a multi-way or 1-way
anova?
Thanks!

A 5 X 1 between-subject design will be used for the experiment. Four
tool groups (Group1, Group2, Group3, Group4) will be able to view one
category of information that their groups are allowed to in their
tools. The control group, however, will have no access to the
experimental tool.

Pre-survey has demographic and previous experience questionnaire.

The independent variable is the exposure to the information. The
independent variable has five levels: no information, appearance
information, educational information, contact information, and
personal information.

The dependent variable will be (2 dependent variables) gathered
through a questionnaire at the end of the study.
Connectedness. This variable will be operationalized as the
Connectedness score
Learning. This variable will be operationalized as the Learning score

Covariates:
Frequency of using tool
Duration of tool use
Previous experience (three types of previous experience).