[R] biplot.princomp - changing score labels

Axel Strauß a.strauss at tu-bs.de
Wed Feb 25 09:52:54 CET 2009

Prof Brian Ripley schrieb:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Axel Strauß wrote:
>
>> OK, the one thing I figured out:
>> Is should be like:
>> biplot(test.pca, cex=c(2,1), col=c("red","green")...
>> to change size, colours etc separately. But I still don't know how
>> change lables of observations to symbols properly.
>
> That's not part of the design of the function, so just make a copy and
> edit to meet your fancies.
>
> The designer of biplot.princomp.

The idea behind my question was actually not a "styling one" but to
provide additional information in the graph. My observations have
different species richness and I wanted to adopt symbol size to the
number of species to show the change of species richness along the PCs.
Anyway, thanks for the comment - and for designing biplot.princomp.

Axel