[R] Inference for R Spam

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Feb 24 18:25:53 CET 2009

Tony Breyal <tony.breyal <at> googlemail.com> writes:

>Cheers for that information; I've just registered for the useR meeting
>in London and then about 10 minutes later got that same bit of spam
>too which made me a wee bit suspicious.

Welcome in the Fooled by Randomness society. 2:0 is a bit away from
significance.  But don't tell this to football/soccer fans.

And, since my son asked me and I am basketball ignorant: Why are
basketball scores mostly much too close to equality? The arguments (loose
power when leading) might suggest that 2:0 might not be significant,
but relevant. I tend to argue the other way round though, in medical
statistics.

Dieter