[R] creating bar charts with nested groups

levyofi levyofi at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Feb 24 14:25:46 CET 2009

I'm looking for a way to create bar charts with nested groups levels.

I have data that is seperated to this factors:
1. Day part - day/night.
2. Season - summer/winter.
3. habitat - Cover/Open

I have created in Excel the following chart which I would like to create in
R:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22180918/chart.jpg

I have seen this nice post:
http://onertipaday.blogspot.com/2007/05/make-many-barplot-into-one-plot.html.
I can change it for my purposes but I want to be sure there are no simpler
solutions.

I think the function bargraph.CI() should handle "one-way or higher
experimental designs" but I can't figure out how and there are no examples
on higher than two-way designs plotting using bargraph.CI()

what is the simplest way to create such bar graphs?

Thank you, Ofir.