[R] 3D or 4D plot

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Feb 20 19:55:05 CET 2009

On 2/20/2009 1:46 PM, kapo coulibaly wrote:
> Ideally I would want it to look like a rubik cube with each little cube
> color coded based on the fourth column (data column). Your suggestion might
> work if I could color code based on data in the fourth column.
> Thanks

There's no primitive "cube" symbol in rgl, but you can get an array of
colour-coded spheres:

x <- rep(1:3, each=9)
y <- rep(rep(1:3, each=3), 3)
z <- rep(1:3, 9)
colours <- terrain.colors(27)
plot3d(x,y,z,col=colours, type="s", size=10)

If you really want cubes, you can put them together (start with cube3d()
to get one, and build on that), but it's a lot of work.

Duncan Murdoch