[R] Sweave schunk placement

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Fri Feb 20 17:08:18 CET 2009

Dear Professor Leisch + R helpers,
For the past few days I have been trying to figure out why the LaTeX
endfloat package is not working with Sweave. I figured it out, and
it's trivial: The endfloat package requires that \begin{table} and
\end{table} commands are on their own line. But Sweave is writing
LaTeX code like \end{table}\end{Schunk} which causes endfloat to
choke. Simply moving the code down to a new line like this:
\end{table}
\end{Schunk}
 fixes the problem, but it is annoying to do this for every table
everytime I re-run Sweave. I don't understand LaTeX that well, so I'd
be really grateful if someone can tell me how to modify Sweave.sty (or
another file if needed) so that the \end{Schunk}'s are written on new
lines.

Thanks,
Ista