[R] Source code for nlm()

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Feb 19 19:53:44 CET 2009

Thank you, Chris and Duncan.  It never occurred to me to look in optimize.c
since optimize() does univariate minimization.  Furthermore, now I know that
the underlying Fortran code (OPTIF9) is from the UNCMIN library (may be this
should be mentioned in the help page, although once can get to this
information from the second reference).

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu