[R] Using R in Java?

nicro bcoon at sequenom.com
Thu Feb 19 18:22:51 CET 2009

Hi 2 questions-
1. Is there a package that will allow me to run R scripts (entirely) from
Java?
2. If so, is there a way to capture the output of those scripts, (including
images) and embed them in my SWT java app?

My challenge is I have a java app that does some statistical chores- it
would be fantastic if the users could use their R skills to modify a script
in whatever R environment they like and then my app could use that script to
calculate the results and display them in the app.

I have found StatET and JavaGD with rJava/JRI and read through all the
docs... its seems possible that some combination may give me what I want,
but its not very clear.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks!