[R] distance betwenn axis and axis annotation

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Feb 18 14:37:02 CET 2009

On 18/02/2009 7:50 AM, Mark Difford wrote:
> Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>>> I don't think you can do this directly, but you can do it using mtext.
>
> This is not correct.

It was correct at the time I wrote it.  Of course things have changed
now that you and Dimitris have been so helpful:  now I *do* think you
can do it directly.

  You can, as Dimitris has already shown. See ?par (sub
> mgp). The difficulty arises if you want only one set of axes changed, which
> is not what was requested.

There's no real difficulty there: axis takes an mgp arg as well.  So you
can plot without axes, then add one axis with one mgp value, and the
other axis with a different one.

Duncan Murdoch