[R] How to: C# / R interface

Baggett, Jonathan W jon.baggett at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 18 05:33:04 CET 2009

This is my situation:
I have a significant amount of data, and need to send it in pieces to R. I need R to return certain parameters for further use.
I am sending files from C# (that are being queried from a database) into R.  Currently I am trying to use the R(D)-Com package to figure out how to do this.  Along with sending in the file(s) to R, I will be sending the expressions for calculating distribution parameters in R as well.  I do not really know how to go about doing this, and there doesn't appear to be much literature online.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions, sample code, references, etc.

Thank you,

Jonathan Baggett
Georgia Institute of Technology
Industrial and Systems Engineering
---

"The price of freedom is constant vigilance." -Patrick Henry