[R] how to control the overall shape of a figure?

Oliver fwang2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 02:51:09 CET 2009

hi,

I am a R beginner. One thing I notice is that when do graphing is,

if I want to draw two figures in a row such as this:

par(mfrow(1, 2))
plot(...)
plot(...)

Each figure inside will be rectangle instead of the familiar square
shape.
Though you can drag the edge the window to resize it. I would have
prefer this can be done automatically ... also when I do the pdf
export for example. Is this possible?

The thing is if you do par (mfrow(2,2)), then you got all 4 figures in
perfect square shape ... but one row two figures are pretty common to
me.

thanks for help

Oliver