[R] odfWeave & prettyR

lauramorgana at bluewin.ch lauramorgana at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 13 16:35:05 CET 2009

Hello,
I've been trying to use odfWeave and prettyR packages to create documents with both text and graphs, but so far I
haven't been very lucky...
With the function R2html () in prettyR package, when I try to use a source file, which works perfectly if I run it
directly form R using "source("file")",
it works for the first part and then it makes a mess, i guess something might be wrong in my formatting or the
function R2html doesnt recognize the function if()
because i get errors like this one
"Error in parse(cmdcon) : unexpected 'if' at
1: for (i in 1:length(resultList)){    tempSummary <- try(summary(resultList[[i]]), silent = TRUE)    if"

everytime there is a if.

I tried with the function htmlize and it works for the text (like summaries) but I didn't manage to get the plots on
the html file
I tried to use the funcion HTMLgraph but I couldn't understand what it does and what its arguments are (listfile,
graphfile)

With odfWeave I tried to download it, and saw that it depends on XML package. If I try to load the odfWeave package
with
library(odfWeave) I get this message:

Error: package 'XML' not loaded
Warning message:
In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc = lib.loc) :
 there is no 'XML' package

The problem is that on the CRAN web site the XML package is not available for windows...
Any suggestions?
Thanks and sorry for bothering you all again with this subject...