[R] Website, book, paper, etc. that shows example plots of distributions?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:43:03 CET 2009

You can readily create a dynamic display for using qqplot and similar functions
in conjunction with either the playwith or TeachingDemos packages.

For example, to investigate the effect of the shape parameter in the skew
normal distribution on its qqplot relative to the normal distribution:

   library(playwith)
   library(sn)
   playwith(qqnorm(rsn(100, shape = shape)),
       parameters = list(shape = seq(-3, 3, .1)))

Now move the slider located at the bottom of the window that
appears and watch the plot change in response to changing
the shape value.

You can find more distributions here:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Distributions.html