[R] how to perform power analysis and sample size estimation/projection using R

Waverley waverley.paloalto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:18:35 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a question in regarding to how to perform power analysis and
sample size estimation/projection using R?

I know power.t.test.  It works really well with only one feature analysis.

 I have a set of features which collectively can discriminate binary
classes.  I can do power.t.test for each one feature to get a
distribution for the sample size estimation to achieve certain power
and significance.  But how to evaluate such that this set of features
is analyzed simultaneously as "one group" for the power analysis and
sample size estimation.  I also knew samr package has some utility you
can do this but it seems does not work well in my situation.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

--
Waverley @ Palo Alto