[R] Eror message: not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed Feb 11 20:48:46 CET 2009

   Is there any reason you can't just install an up-to-date version of R (R
2.8.1), from cran.us.r-project.org (or your favorite mirror, see
www.r-project.org) and see if that fixes the problem?  Installing R on SunOS
is not quite the breeze that it is on MacOS, Windows, or Linux, but it's not
that bad ... and you are much more likely to get help from the list if you
make it worth people's while to help you by either (1) explaining why you
are stuck with an old version [regulatory compliance/mission-critical old R
software] or (2) installing recent R and showing that the problem persists.

 Ben Bolker