[R] plots and text to the same output file

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Feb 11 20:00:37 CET 2009

odfWeave works just fine for me on windows and the XML package shows up in my list of packages.  You may be overthinking the problem, for most of my odfWeave projects I don't need odfInsertPlot, just use fig=TRUE in the code chunk and only include the code for that 1 plot in that code chunk (a separate chunk for each plot) and the inclusion of the plot is taken care of for you (you can do fancier things with odfInsertPlot, but probably don't need to most of the time).

Another alternative for creating postscript (which can be converted to pdf if that is preferred), but which is much less sophisticated than sweave/odfWeave is to look at the etxtStart function in the TeachingDemos package (this requires postprocessing with enscript).  This approach is more for getting a transcript of an interactive session, for planned analyses use sweave/odfWeave instead.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center