[R] OT: A test with dependent samples.

Bernardo Rangel Tura tura at centroin.com.br
Wed Feb 11 09:54:19 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 21:03 -0500, Murray Cooper wrote:

Hi R-masters

Well,

I think this a complex problem because haven't a control group OR a not
randomized study.

But i think the solution is a Bayesian approach.

I don't know the probability of vomiting in a cat but isn't 0, so i
think de priori is a beta (1[0+1],73[72+1]).

The likelihood is oblivious beta(13[12+1],61[60+1])

So the posteriori is beta(1,73)*beta(13,61)=beta(14,134)

The expected valeu of posteriori is 0.1 in 72 cats is same 7.2 or 7 CATS
is almost a half of numbers of study.

--
Bernardo Rangel Tura, M.D,MPH,Ph.D
National Institute of Cardiology