[R] OT: A test with dependent samples.

Murray Cooper myrmail at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 03:03:06 CET 2009

David,

If you really want to do a test on this data, I would suggest
a Fisher's Exact test, but you want to use hypergeometric
probabilities. You would probably want to try the CMH
test, if the function allows a single table and actually uses
hypergeometric probabilities.

My suggestion, would be to calculate the frequency of
vomiting, for animals that didn't vomit before, calculate
the CIs and then use some historical data on the vomiting
rate, for non-treated cats and see whether it falls inside the
CIs for your treated animals. If it does, then you might
conclude that the vomiting rate, for treated cats, is
similar to non-treated cats.

Murray M Cooper, Ph.D.
Richland Statistics
9800 N 24th St