[R] tcltk, tcltk2, Rcmdr, Mac OS X

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Feb 11 02:12:01 CET 2009

Dear Larry,

That's odd: The only lmer of which I'm aware is a function in the lme4
package, and it creates objects of class "mer," I believe. What this has to
do with the Rcmdr package is beyond me, since the Rcmdr doesn't depend upon
lme4, but, on the other hand, shouldn't conflict with it. I don't think that
you've mentioned it, but I assume that you're using the current version
(1.4-7) of the Rcmdr package.

Is it possible that you have a saved and damaged workspace that's being
loaded at the start of your R session? If so, remove the saved workspace
(I'm afraid that I don't know where that lives on a Mac, but I suppose that
getwd() would show you).

John

On