[R] plm package

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Feb 8 22:55:22 CET 2009

Kirsten:

> additionally to the question below, how I can get data into the
> pdata.frame format, I have another question:
>
> Why doen't R recognize the function plm.data (), when calling it? I did
> load the plm library before...

I suspect that you have an outdated version of "plm" and possibly R as
well. (You don't supply either version although the posting guide asks you
to.) plm version 1.0-1 is current.

The function pdata.frame() was removed and part of its functionality moved
to the function plm.data() (in version 0.2-2, I think).

For a discussion, see the Journal of Statistical Software paper by the
authors of the plm package:
   Yves Croissant, Giovanni Millo
   Panel Data Econometrics in R: The plm Package
   http://www.jstatsoft.org/v27/i02/

Best,