[R] one-sample t-test with correlated (clustered) observations

Paul Artes paul_h_artes at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 16:54:58 CET 2009

I would like to estimate the difference between two measurement techniques.
With both techniques, 4 measurements were obtained in each of 15
individuals. (These are not *repeated* measurements though - each of the 4
is of a different attribute).  The naive approach would be a paired t-test,
but of course this assumes that the 4 measures contributed by each
individual are not dependent (which they are), and would inflate the CI of
the differences.

I found t.test.cluster {Hmisc}, but this works for the 2-sample problem only
as far as I understand...

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/one-sample-t-test-with-correlated-%28clustered%29-observations-tp21875193p21875193.html
Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the R-help mailing list